Tuesday, February 14, 2012

valentine's tchotckes :)

I've been switching up the spot on top of one of our bookcases for a few seasons now, starting with the random choice of HALLOWEEN!  I'm not a big Halloween celebrator or anything, but I came across some cute printables from a site that also put out some for Thanksgiving, and then of course I had to change things around for Christmas, and by the time I got around to switching those out, it was almost Valentine's day.  And I've finally got around to taking a picture.  And it's very random.


I actually did very little to switch it from the Christmas theme, which was red and green.  I changed a couple of the pictures around and added some new books so they weren't just red and green.  For Christmas I made a little Christmas tree from Bo's footprint . . . I meant to take a picture of it or at least describe the experience of painting my baby's feet green and trying to stamp them on cardstock . . . yikes.  Anyway, I replaced that with the photo of us dancing at our wedding and I didn't even change out the ribbon.  The WillowTree family was a Mother's Day gift from the family I work for and I love it because it looks eerily just like us.  :)  And a pic of Bo and his girl friend and a favorite picture of our boys . . .


The blue 'LOVE' print was a freebie from this site, and she has some cuter ones on there but I spilled water on the one that I really liked so this one went up instead.  Blue was a random choice that I kind of don't like, but it went with my blue dress in this picture taken 2 days after we were engaged.  I made the "We love because he first loved us" print because I couldn't find any on Pinterest and I wanted a Biblical reminder of true love.  It was supposed to be more a teal color but I must be low on ink. :) 

I also did the mantel a couple days ago because it was lonely after the Christmas lights were removed. 


I made the sign in the green frame (which we found on the side of the road once, ha!).  I added some little meaningful things - the picture that went on our Save the Date, the mold I used to make our wedding favors, a watercolor print of the lighthouse at the end of our road, and a picture from our wedding that I had in 5x7 but had never framed.  


We actually went out to eat alone last night!  My friend graciously offered to watch Bo so we brought him over to her house after I got home from work.  Unfortunately we did everything wrong and caused our child much distress.  Poor Bo.  He has to put up with me all the time.

When we extracted him from his car seat and plopped him on the couch, he got all overwhelmed by his new environment at bedtime and started to cry.  It's so sad to see him flip out when he's normally so cheery!  After calming him down we put him in the pack n play and he started to wail . . . oh my.  Of course I didn't want to leave my friend with two crying babies (her daughter was settling down for sleep, too, and acting rowdy) so we went in to check on him a couple times before realizing we had a little diaper failure and he was soaking wet!  Ooops!  Fortunately I had another outfit - never mind that it was a one-piece Polo number . . . After a diaper/outfit change he went down well (nevermind the wet spot on the pack&play) and we left.  We hadn't even made it out of their street when I realized I couldn't find my cell phone.  Matt called it and we couldn't hear it in the car so I had him turn around so I could find it at their house.  As I walked in their front door, my friend told me that Bo had just started screeching again.  At that point I was ready to just call it quits on this date night.  Bo is such a good sleeper at home that I thought he was completely traumatized by this night.  Once again I got Bo out of the pack&play . . . and voila!  There was my phone!  When Matt called it had started ringing and startled him awake . . . poor baby.  After all foreign objects were removed from his bed, he slept fine, we enjoyed a rare night out, and we all lived happily ever after.

And when I went into Bo's room this morning he had a collar on his pajammies.


Happy Valentine's Day!

3 comments:

Jenna said...

I'm looking forward to joining the, "I found this on the side of the road" club...though, I wonder if we'll want anything found in Newark? Might have to make the trek to LI for that. :D

Cam and Elisa said...

You find the best stuff on the road! I wish we could find some treasures too! I love that green frame. I also love what you put in it! So crafty you are!

Devan said...

I love those prints!!! You are too cute and crafty...