I was recently mentioned by another blogger and thought it would be fun to pass on this little blog award/challenge. It is fun to recognize other bloggers and point you to their blogs! I love reading blogs of people I know personally and people I don't, but using Google Reader means I'm not a big commenter. But seriously, Google Reader is really wonderful and a great way to stay updated. So check that out. Shout out for the Reader complete, I will now proceed to . . .
1. thank the person who nominated you
Thank you, Kara, for nominating me! Kara blogs at Everyday in Stilettos and I love her cute and light-hearted renditions of her projects and recipes and sweet day-to-day happenings. I also love that I won a giveaway over there once and have been using the products she sent me non-stop! Time for new mascara! It makes me want to host my own giveaway . . . someday soon, I will. :) Reading Kara's blogs makes me wish we'd been better friends back when we worked at the same school . . . and also causes me to marvel at this world we are in, where social media so effortlessly connects us. All that to say, Thanks, Kara!
2. share 7 things about yourself
Oh, my, I feel like I'm always talking about myself on here . . . but here it goes.
1. Despite having spent years studying Arabic, French, and Swahili, I am not proficient in any of them (although if I could be fluent in one, it would be Swahili).
2. Most of the time I am just really happy to be home, in my own house.
3. I really love Downton Abbey and recommend it to you, too.
4. I am a big fan of food in general, but most of the time I forget to eat lunch.
5. Sometimes I forget how old I am, and then it makes me wish I was 24. That was a great year, and a great number.
6. I have always loved to read, and there are currently four books and one magazine on my nightstand.
7. I am almost always asleep by 9:30.
In case you couldn't tell, I'm a real party animal. (I'm looking at you, numbers 2, 3, and 6. Oh, and 7.)
3. share 7 of your blog posts, in the following categories:
most beautiful: Our old house had a beautiful view that never got old.
most helpful: I tried to be helpful with the baby week series, so hopefully that will come in handy to someone!
most popular: The post on getting engaged drew the most comments.
most controversial: Well, as I am afraid of conflict, I don't think any of my posts are controversial . . . however, if there's one thing I've learned in the past year, it's that birthing/raising a baby is a hot topic and everyone does it differently! I'll like to the post when we found out we'd probably have a c-section. That was a pretty stressful time and there were a lot of opinions on how things should go.
most surprisingly successful: I kind of shocked myself by being able to sew. This pillow turned out pretty decent for such an amateur.
most underrated: Ok, I thought this was funny, but apparently no one else did. Whatever.
most pride worthy: I am so happy with how Bo's nursery turned out! We still love it so much.
4. nominate seven other bloggers
I love that these friends are dotted all over the globe! And, umm, no pressure ladies on getting this done! Like if you're busy chasing your twins or your two-week old around! Just wanted to share some blog love.
and, a picture.
5 comments:
yay! fun. Of course, I am interested in what those 4 books on the nightstand are...i'll do mine (or my version) next week. happy weekend to you & matt
So fun!! Glad she nominated you! :) Hope you are doing well! xo!
Great post Erica! And, how can we not be friends when we both have a crazy love for bulldogs?! I look forward to checking out your nominees!
I too am surprised our lovely family picture got no love!
Love it! Thanks for the blog love.
Post a Comment