So. History. America's birth unfolding all around us. Below you will see North Church, where Paul Revere ran up the famed steeple to hang his lanterns. (Not pictured - there was a wedding at the church that afternoon!)

We sat by the fountain outside the church for a while and enjoyed our pastries from Mike's. We also enjoyed watching this little old woman glance furtively around, roll up her sleeves, and plunge into the fountain for pennies.

In keeping with the Revere theme, in Cambridge there are brass hoofprints marking the trail of William Dawes, a less-known rider who was also charged with taking the message of the pending arrival of the British to the American troops. We payed a true tribute here, in front of Harvard and the throngs of intellectuals.

Of course, a necessary inclusion - the cemetery at Park Street Church. The final resting ground of Samuel Adams, Crispus Attucks, Mother Goose (?), and Paul Revere himself. Of course I have pictures of their little markers, but I don't want to bore you.

Coming soon . . . the harbor, the shore, and three roommates take on Boston!
1 comment:
And now I am so happy that you love it there. :-)
Can't believe I forgot to mention the Old North Church as a highlight in the North End...apparently I was too consumed with recommending restaurants...
Post a Comment