Snow day! We woke up to a world of white and a blustery morning of snow still falling. I was surprised to see how much we got - about 18 inches, more than out big snow right after Christmas. We spent the morning lounging around and might have been in PJ's all day if I hadn't got a call from the family I work for asking if we had any hills in our yard. Since our driveway hadn't been plowed yet, they had to hike about 100 yards through the drifts to get to our door, dragging sleds all the way. So fun to have kids to enjoy the snow with!
And of course Moose was in on the action. Despite not wanting to leave the house this morning, he overcame his aversion to snow when he saw KIDS. He played hard, constantly getting in the way as the kids tried to sled down the hill, and climbing onto the sleds to get out of the snow. What a booger. But the snow was so deep, he often needed a little boost to get back up the hill, as you can see below.
I got one little ride in, too.
It's all fun and games until somebody gets a face full of snow.
Time to get out of the cold and take a break at home with some hot chocolate.
We walked them to their Jeep, and then stayed inside for the rest of the day.
This is the long walk that the four kids did to get to our house. Imagine the two year old in his "I do it myself!" phase, up to his chest in snow. Matt is marking our driveway so the truck knows where to plow. It's quite long.
And of course little old Moosey, who stuck to the tracks we had made, or else turned to the last-ditch effort of eating himself out of the predicament he was in.
So even though this was a massive amount of snow, I'm told the kids will have school tomorrow. Which makes me laugh, because I heard Charlotte was on their third snow day. Sweet Carolina, I like how you do things.









6 comments:
oh so fun!
I LOVE THIS POST!!! And your pictures (besides the ones of the littlest's runny nose and him crying) look totally like they're out of a magazine.
I miss Moose...he is hilarious.
love snow.
love kids.
love you.
just wish i could have been a part of the fun!
Dexter can't believe how different it looks. I don't remember a hill. guess we'll have to come back some day! looks SO fun to have all that snow.
yay! that. looks. so. fun.
oh my goodness.
back to school today. i miss the snow days already.
Georgia has even had snow days this year! CRAZY! LOVE the pictures of Moose in the snow! Wanting to see all your craftiness that I know is in full swing with this precious little one on its way! Do share!
Post a Comment