Sunday, January 2, 2011

NYC for NYE

As it's a new year, I don't want my posts to be centered around disappointment . . . so I'd like to share all the details of our rockin' New Years Eve.  Which is a joke, because I actually fell asleep before midnight.  But I was in New York City.  Woohoo!   We headed in Friday morning in time to meet our friend John Black for the Kentucky game.  We decided to watch it in the comfort of JB's apartment and ordered up some tasty lunch from S'Mac, a restaurant that only serves macaroni and cheese.  Yes, mac n cheese.  Of course mine was made with brie, rosemary, and figs, and it was tasty.  And no, I could not finish the whole thing.  And yes, Kentucky won. 



After we were filled up with cheese and carbs, we headed out to see what was up in the city.  We tramped about from Union Square up to the theater district and as close to Times Square as we could get, which was not very close as they had it blocked off already at 4pm.  That is kind of a nuts, not really sure why you'd want to stand up there all night barricaded in with all the other loonies.  So we walked around the square and headed on our way.



It took us a while to get hungry for dinner but when we did, we ended up at a place that serves only meatballs.  I know, only in New York.  Matt had heard of the place and was pumped to try it out.  They had a special corned beef and sauerkraut meatball so one could get their new year's meal taken care of in just a couple bites.  After dinner we wandered about and ended up at JB's place with thirty minutes to go before the ball dropped, so we watched that from the comfort of his living room.  Or, they watched it, and I fell asleep, and woke up as they were counting down the last minute to midnight.  Perfect timing.

So, welcome 2011!  This year is sure to be an exciting one!

No comments: