Thursday, October 28, 2010

the little bay

My drive to work takes between 4 and 6 minutes, which I am thankful for every morning as I fly out the door.  The entire three miles are idyllic, but lately the stretch that takes me past Little Bay has been remarkably beautiful.  I've consistently hit it at both high tide and the moment that the sun turns the world to gold, and each time wished for a little extra time in my morning - and that I had my camera beside me.  

I finally remembered to bring my camera, but it was cloudy this morning so I didn't hit it at sunrise, but later in the morning.  Not quite high tide either but there's still water in the bay.  At low tide it is completely empty, filled with pluff mud that masquerades as quicksand.  But at high tide, it's visited by swans.  The bus stop I frequent twice a day is along the same bay, and it is comforting to watch the changes in both tide and season.  I have been watching and waiting for the point in the fall when the trees on the opposite shore have turned. 




1 comment:

Jenna said...

beautiful! keep 'em coming!