I still feel like I'm getting acclimated to Fall. I didn't grow up with four changing seasons so the advent of crispy weather still takes me by surprise every year. I find myself surveying the leaves with a twinge of anxiety - afraid I might miss THE moment when the world has reached its brightest hues. Lately I've started to think that the moment is now! I've been driving my errands in a daze, taking the longer routes just to stay on the streets lined in ancient maples a minute longer.
Today I saw a car slowing down and the driver pointing out the window and I certainly hope they were exclaiming about the trees across the bay and not the size of the homes. It was the first time I'd seen anyone slow down at this particularly beautiful stretch and I wanted to tell them I had just finished taking some pictures of my own!
These are from our house . . . the large hickory tree whose summer shade keeps us cool but ensures my garden is planted 100 yards from the house.
The stand of trees at the end of the meadow.
And we have a couple run-down sheds that look more charming if you focus on certain aspects of them.
I think Autumn never looks as stunning in pictures as it does in real life, but I felt compelled to try!





4 comments:
I always get terribly homesick for the Northeast at this time of year. :-(
ooo, those last two of the blue shed are gorgeous! GREAT photo backgrounds! Perhaps that's where we should take your maternity pictures!
yay! keep the autumn photos coming. I think by the time I get to MA all the leaves will be on the ground and things will be grey. But we'll hope for snow!
Thanks for trying! I miss this so much! You are living in a wonder land and seem to have a wonder job right now in my book!
Post a Comment