Gladys made the crusts the day before but I had to throw them out, making a 30 minute project into much longer! Thankfully, Super Kelsey to the rescue! Kelsey and I hang out about once a week and this week's time conveniently turned into "how to save Erica's Thanksgiving." With Betty Crocker in hand we went to work cutting in shortening, all the while mumbling what instructions I could remember from the pie making demo I had last year in Charlotte.
So that picture pretty much sums it up - Kelsey proud and accomplished, me - confused. BUT all of that went ok. I didn't exactly remember to put a cookie sheet under the pies as they baked so the kitchen/house may have been filled with smoke when I came back from my run . . . but that wasn't really THAT big of a deal. And pecan pie was had by all.
2 comments:
Mmmm...chocolate-pecan.
In an attempt to bond with you, I set off the smoke alarms in our house twice on Thursday morning. It was VERY EXCITING.
Glad you had a good T-day. I spent the day after like I did last year-- hanging out with Kelly who also lived in sudan. we ate less pumpkin and powdered milk, but it was fun to see her again.
BTW- it looks like you're singing into the rolling pin. Also, the snowflakes look great!! it snowed here all break!
Post a Comment