Monday, December 22, 2008

FAMILY HERE!

As MUCH as I love Christmas, I've been a bit bitter towards all of the "I'll be home for Christmas" and "we're together at Christmas" songs this year. I've been waiting impatiently for my family to arrive and that day FINALLY came! Actually, I got to pick up Ryan on Tuesday and we've been hiking and messing around and chilling out for almost a week.

Meanwhile, Mom, Dad, and Elyse have been living it up in New York going to White Christmas on Broadway and staying in a hotel on Times Square and going to Macys and Anthropologie and and afternoon in Paris!

so stinkin cute! i kind of forgot that the rest of the world was cold right now, but they have mentioned SEVERAL times that new york was freezing!!


Monday we jumped out of bed at 5:00 am to pick them up at the airport. They made it, without some luggage, but they're here!

pooly erica!

Poor family, going from OKC to NYC to Paris to Nairobi in just a few days! Culture SHOCK! Welcome to steamy Kenya, lose some bags, traffic and truck exhaust . . . good thing my family has traveled before, they took it all in stride.

We've decorated the tree and made a gingerbread house as I tried to make up for lost time celebrating Christmas with my family.


They took turns konking out on my fun but I forgive them. They can do whatever they want, as long as they're here with me!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

YAY for Anderson family togetherness! I'm so thrilled for your fun Christmas in Kijabe! I've been thinking of you a lot this week. Love you love you love and MERRY CHRISTMAS dear friend!

Meghan Baird said...

Aww, so sweet! I'm glad that your fam made it to NBO safely! Have fun with all that gingerbread masonry. I miss being in Kenya for Christmas. Last year was so simple-- no presents, no hustle and bustle, just baking cookies and mac n' cheese in the desert.
See ya in a month!!!
I soo want to crash ABO, but I'll be a day late. boo.

Megan Del Castillo said...

i'm sooo glad you get to be with your family!
i love all of the pics...and the welcome sign is priceless!
have a wonderful time and a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!
love you soooo much!
-megan
ps- i just love christmas and my family too!

Dave and Amy Carroll said...

i'm so glad i'm not the only one that sleeps with their mouth open! hahaha. what a family.

i ran up to clermont last monday to see grandma, jeff, vicki, and the girls. the boys had fun playing with them. :)

say hey to everyone! merry christmas! amy

Anonymous said...

your sign for your fam made me laugh outloud! love it. i didn't know ryan went early--maybe he told me and i didn't listen so well. love the blog and laugh imagining your family, particularly your mom, having adventures in Kenya.

miss you girl. btw, micah is almost walking. crazy how she's grown so much.