I'm going back to my college days here come Wednesday, April 16th. Dave Barnes is coming to the Neighborhood Theatre! And to make it even better . . . just now I was checking for ticket info and I discovered that who should be opening for him but . . . Andy Davis!
Suddenly I'm a junior again, sitting on the hill behind English Hall on a blanket, catching some sun between class. Spring - the grass is green and the Indiana sky is huge and bright. And we're rocking out to my buds Andy and Dave. Life is good.
A little trip down memory lane . . .
I'll definitely be there, probably grabbing dinner at my favorite Cabo Fish Taco beforehand. If you live in Charlotte, you should come.
3 comments:
This is so funny...a blog I read regularly has been incessantly plugging Dave Barnes. And I was beginning to think...ENOUGH ALREADY. But now you love him. And he's coming here...and there might be fish tacos involved. I'll call you if I can make it!
Welllllll...how was it??
Well . . . it was good! At first I was overcome . . . by seeing Andy Davis live after all these years of snapping my fingers to his songs. But then . . . these crazy dancers decided they should join in the festivities and jump around in the front. And then neither Andy nor Dave thought it was necessary to sing their old (read BETTER) songs. BUT . . . it was fun. :) And it was fun to see you at dinner! When you move, will you be pretty close to NoDa?
Post a Comment