Monday, May 16, 2011

hanging around

My life is kind of funny, lately.  We spend a LOT of time at home.  It's nice.  Sometimes I feel a little bored, but mostly I don't really get a chance to be bored.  The smallest tasks become a big deal.  A trip to the post office becomes the outing of the day.  A trip to Lowes is a major activity that the entire day has to be planned around.  This isn't a bad thing, it's just different.  I've been so blessed to have Matt around more this month.  In June he starts a new rotation working 13 hour days and I will be hurting then!  We are thankful for these days together.

And Bo . . . we love him a lot.  He is a funny little guy.  Observe:

Sitting in his chair.  We LOVE this chair and he spends a lot of time there.  It bounces on its own and he fixates on his soccer ball rattle so we hang it from one of the animals and he zones in on it.


I was surprised last week to get the OK from my doctor to resume life as normal.  I guess this means I have no more excuses to put off exercise . . . and that day we went for a "run."  I felt like my guts were dropping out of my body, but I'm sure a good part of that was the fact I haven't run for the better part of a year.  I lasted a grand eleven minutes of an awkward shuffle-jog, staring at Matt's back up ahead and counting down the minutes on my watch.  The next time we went, I lasted fifteen minutes.  It isn't pretty, but it's a start.  I really enjoy our jogging stroller.  Bo looks like he's going on a roller coaster once he's all strapped in. 


We've enjoyed some nice spring walks, too.  Bo enjoys sporting his summer accessories.  


We're having some really cloudy and rainy days, so he's had to bundle up a bit to stay warm . . . 


I was so glad Bo got a chance to wear this little outfit from my friend Lori.  He looked so cute in it all day.  The little knotted hood . . . so adorable.



Reading some classic literature with daddy.


He surprised us with a big smile today, which had us totally enamored for the 30 seconds of his little grins.  Can't wait for him to do it again!  

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh man...that first smile is like a big payday, isn't it! It's like they finally realize all you've been doing for them for weeks (months!).

Kerry Russell said...

LOVE. Can't believe you can already run (hello, major surgery)and Bo can go in the jogging stroller!! (Wait, you weren't running at 9 months pregnant...?)
Exciting stuff!

Elisa said...

Loving all these pictures! What a cute little man you have! I am so excited to see you in a few weeks. Too bad that is sounds like Matt will not be around too much :( That schedule has to be hard. Enjoy the time with him at home more right now. I will try to get in touch with you soon to figure out details about how to get to your place. We leave in less than two weeks for our trip!