About two weeks ago, I made our little registries at Target and Pottery Barn Kids. Then I went ahead and ordered something off my own registry! I was anxious to get started on the nursery and I needed some of the bedding as a jumping off point. I made a bold step and picked something I saw online without ever physically seeing it. We don't have a Pottery Barn near us. We went to the outlet a few weeks ago and they didn't have our bedding . . . but I loved all their other patterns so I was pretty sure I'd like the one I found online . . . but I was anxious to see it in person. I ordered a little pillow sham and waited anxiously for it to arrive. And waited. And waited. I checked UPS regularly until they had a list of "Delayed due to weather" a mile long. Until finally, literally two weeks later, Matt and I came home to a battered package tucked between the screen and the front door. There was also a crostata in the door, too, that a friend had dropped off. A dessert AND my pillow sham? An awesome Friday night.
I'm easily pleased.
So, I really like the pattern we chose. My inspiration was a placemat I got at Anthropologie this summer that I wanted to make into a pillowcase. It was a patchwork of blues and khakis, and I thought it would be a great pallet for a little boy's room in a house by the sea. The Pottery Barn bedding hits pretty close, with the addition of a light green, which adds a little dimension.
I realize I sound a little crazy writing so passionately about my pillow sham . . . but I've been thinking about it for so long, it's nice to have something concrete!
So, once we had a sample of our bedding colors, we were ready to head out and get our paws on some paint. We got it last Saturday and Matt got to work that night, painting away. He's since banned me from looking at the room since he's getting fancy with some trim, so we'll all have to wait for the big reveal.
But I WILL show you my Pillow Sham!!
I also like how they snuck a little red in there. I like red accents.
So, I'll stop talking about the pillow sham now. It's just step one in getting our little room ready for our little buddy!
I'm easily pleased.
So, I really like the pattern we chose. My inspiration was a placemat I got at Anthropologie this summer that I wanted to make into a pillowcase. It was a patchwork of blues and khakis, and I thought it would be a great pallet for a little boy's room in a house by the sea. The Pottery Barn bedding hits pretty close, with the addition of a light green, which adds a little dimension.
I realize I sound a little crazy writing so passionately about my pillow sham . . . but I've been thinking about it for so long, it's nice to have something concrete!
So, once we had a sample of our bedding colors, we were ready to head out and get our paws on some paint. We got it last Saturday and Matt got to work that night, painting away. He's since banned me from looking at the room since he's getting fancy with some trim, so we'll all have to wait for the big reveal.
But I WILL show you my Pillow Sham!!
I love it . . . the ticking . . . the gingham . . . the contrast stitching . . . some of my current loves.
I also like how they snuck a little red in there. I like red accents.
So, I'll stop talking about the pillow sham now. It's just step one in getting our little room ready for our little buddy!
No comments:
Post a Comment