Monday, February 14, 2011

a little valentiney

Oh, sugar overload.  Isn't that what Valentine's Day is about?!  


My tiny little bit of Valentine's decorating involved buying THREE bags of m&m's and one bag of caramel Kisses and pouring them into my precious heart ramekins.  Excessive?  Yes.  I did have a coupon.  :)  It's not like I walk around buying m&m's all the time, but at the holidays I'm a sucker for their color-coordinated cuteness.  Christmas, Valentine's, and Easter - count me in.  

My favorite - peanut butter, in case you were wondering.  I had high hopes for the pretzel but they were disappointing - not salty enough.  I need a bit more kick to my pretzel.  

I made a cheesy little 'love' display.  Makes me thankful.  Baby is representing in his 10 week ultrasound photo.  Precious little bean.  

 

Speaking of excess sugar, I made some Valentines scones on Saturday morning while waiting for Matt to return from his LAST night of call.  (!!!!)  




I had to buy these napkins at Target because they had a lovesick bulldog on them.

The scones, by the way, were super easy and super yummy.  And super bad for you.

And that's the extent of my Valentiney enthusiasm, seeing as my Valentine left for work at the grand hour of 4:45 this morning.  And after he clocks out of a 15 hour work day, we'll both be glad to just be home tonight.





No comments: