I am loving our house, filled to the brim with Christmas cheer. It is a very comfortable place for the three of us, and I always want to be here, curled up on the couch with a snoring bulldog by my side. Which is where I am currently, thank goodness.
That's my mug of lemon-honey tea, as prescribed by Miss Thang, my organic-home-remedy-loving friend Amye. Yeth, I'm feeling a bit thick theeth dayth. (Achoo.) My little snowman mug comes complete with Hat which does a fine job of keeping the warmth in between sips. I like my hot drinks HOT. Behind the mug is our little wire Christmas tree from Kenya, which is actually the first gift Matt every bought me and is a little special memory . . . I saw the tree at a market we were at but was too worn out from haggling for all my other purchases that I walked away. Matt took it upon himself to talk the merchant down and marched triumphant through the crowded stalls to present it to me. And here it sits, amongst our other finery.
Matt whipped up this little card hanger one day for me after I saw a giant one in a Pottery Barn catalog. I like it. I like him. I'm also loving our live swags this year, which my mom bought me at and hung, they are so cheerful and fresh. I hope you all are enjoying little blessings of the season!





2 comments:
oh it all looks so wonderful! i want to sit on the cozy couch and talk to you. also, i loved recognizing decorations that used to adorn parkhouse. :)hope you feel better soon, mama y!
p.s. verification word is "unbless." how terribly mean during the holidays.
I LOVE IT!! And I LOVE you used my tea recipe!! I will start blogging again when work stops eating my life and making me hate the computer :)
I LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment