Monday, March 15, 2010

for love of a toy

One thing about Moose.
(As if there was only ONE THING you need to know about this creature! Consider this your lesson of the day.)

He l-o-v-e-s his toys, especially squeaky purple monster. It would be more aptly named "silent purple monster" since he has loved the squeaker right out of the thing.

The other day I heard a commotion upstairs and, upon investigation, saw this:


He is such a human sometimes. You can read his feelings in his eyes.

(Don't just stand there! Do something!)

Unfortunately, I did just stand there. It was too funny.


"PLEASE!" yelped the dog. "My TOY! It's STUCK!"

Umm, Moose, I don't want to hurt your feelings or anything, but . . . I don't think you're going to fit.


So-close-just-one-more-inch . . .


Defeat.

Sigh.

It just breaks your heart. I was torn between teaching a lesson of perseverance or giving the guy a hand. Since it seemed unlikely he'd get it on his own, I helped him out this time. There was much dancing and singing songs of praise and thanksgiving.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

AWWW! That last picture killed me. We were watching Seinfeld last night (yes, again) and after seeing a bulldog in an episode, David decided he wanted one.

Unknown said...

This is one of my favorite posts ever. I think Moose and I could be real friends.

Lori Orr said...

This post is amazing! I love it!

Misadventures in Health said...

1.) Your puppy is PRECIOUS
2) COME VISIT ME!!! (and AJ and Cait)
3) I am running. I credit you, Kerry and Kelly as my inspiration.
4) Someone IS reading my blog. :)
5) I miss you.

Dave and Amy Carroll said...

YAY!!! I'm looking forward to seeing/reading about the Andersons in NY. How far away are you from New York City? I think Heather and I need to come some time when we can really get away without the babies. I have always wanted to go visit there. :)