Thursday, March 25, 2010

family tour

One of the things I was most excited about while anticipating my family's visit was showing them around where we live. I had planned walking trips and road trips and bike trips and all sorts of Long Island exposure. As often happens, not everything that is planned can be accomplished in the span of four days, but we did give the grand tour of the Village of Old Field.

This way to the point!
Behold, the lighthouse, guiding the ships homeward, away from the foreign shores of Connecticut.
To the beach!

Mom, proud of her starfish find.


After dinner that night, we enjoyed some homemade ice cream.
Which went well with our March Madness.

We all enjoyed having them here, including Moose, who benefitted from the extra attention and a new favorite toy.

Everypuppy needs a squeaky hedgehog, right, pal?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ok, it's official. you HAVE to write a children's book. or series. i always knew that you had it in you and your blog "the adventures of moose" has confirmed it in the past few weeks.

i will be your publicist :)

Meghan Baird said...

I especially enjoyed that game against Kentucky... sorry Matt! I thought of you yesterday because my insurance guy on the phone was in Charlotte and my new license plate says "4NC", like UNC? I didn't pick it, but maybe its a sign to move down south.