I signed up for tug-of-war . . .
Maybe because I think it's fun . . .
I didn't factor in out gross the rope would smell or how dirty the slip-n-side mat would bet, or how dirty I would get after getting dragged down the mat a few times . . . fortunately I had these great high school helpers to give me a hand:
When they weren't busy perfecting their acrobatics.Of course we had other games, like the traditional sponge toss and musical buckets . . .

But the highlight was definitely the giant slide that went down the side of the hill onto the field. The kids lined up and went down it for hours!


You'll notice how brown the grass is right now. It rained once, last weekend, but not enough to make any sort of difference. It's ok, the rainy season will come. And our blue sky makes up for it. We've been learning about weather in science and keeping track of the clouds in cloud journals. My students apparently can not stop learning and were yelling across the field at me, "Miss Anderson! I think it's a cumulonimbus!" Unfortunately I haven't committed the types to memory yet . . . but I trust them. Little lifelong learners that they are!
1 comment:
OMG Erica! I cannot even imagine being in that water right now, as it is 25F degrees and snowing! I wore sandals today in rebellion, but the cold won and I'm toasting my toes mother hen style in my pompazan chair as I type. But you have fun with your splishin and splashin and I'll be out there soon to basque in the sun myself.
Post a Comment