My mom tells me I need to be more specific about package information. First of all, thanks to those who inquired about paint rollers but the parents beat you to it! Wow, they are fast. Same day service.
About mailing things, I updated my "contact information" on the right hand side to say that the best way to mail anything is in flat-rate envelopes. Apparently boxes are a target and go missing or take 10-24 MONTHS to arrive. I've heard that some post offices aren't equipped with these envelopes and will try to send it in a box but . . . don't do it! Push for the mailer. The thing is, I have no idea what these things are, this is just what people say to do here.
So, that's the deal, and you can pray that the package my parents sent arrives. It is important in the house-decorating realm.
4 comments:
The flat envelopes to use are either the Tyvek, waterproof ones or the cardboard ones. Sometime they are hanging up on the wall in the post office. My Dad manages to get the Tyvek envelopes for free, if you don't see them, just ask. Its true that they get to Africa WAY faster than boxes, and they will cost less for Erica in customs fees.
www.usps.com has all the info and you can order free flat-rate boxes and emvelopes. Don't forget the Customs forms! It takes 10 days to get to Africa and 1-3 months for a package to clear customs and get to receipient.
Yikes. This post prompted a lot of extra prayers at 10517 Parkhouse Lane, that's for sure. So...if that was your goal: consider it accomplished!
Indeed, I finally found these on the USPS website - thanks to Meghan additional description. The USPS description for these is Express Mail Tyvek Envelope Item No: EP 13-C, and they are 11.625 X 15.125 inches. I just ordered the minimum qty from the website and they ship free.
Post a Comment