Thursday, November 18, 2010

. . . they know!

Today I was dropping off the littlest at his nursery school and his teacher opened the door, as always, with a smile on her face.  But instead of greeting the small child I was leading up the steps, she said, "Erica! Do you have a . . ." and then jabbed her finger towards her belly.  

I've been found out.

I sheepishly told them, YES, I did have a *jab finger at the belly* bun in the oven.  The teacher and her assistant were sweet and thrilled and we had a moment of joy in the midst of a room of two-year-olds, but I left laughing, because yeah, all the sudden I look pregnant.  The neighbor at the bus stop was pointing that out today, that although she knew I was pregnant, she was really noticing it recently.  Yep, I think I'd agree.

So, while it wasn't some stranger in the grocery store pointing out my belly, this is kind of a momentous occasion.

the culprit.


I'm sorry, those are terrible pictures, we were walking out the door to small group last night and Matthew/the lighting were not cooperating.  


And I'm sorry, that's a terrible one, with the shadow bouncing off the wall, but there it is in all its glory.  

9 comments:

Jenna said...

Finally! Looking good! How do you feel?

Kate said...

AAHHHH! Look at that little bump! I love it. You seriously look SO good. Cannot wait to meet that little baby!

Kerry Russell said...

I swear I can barely see it.. tiny for my tiny friend!! Ug, so so excited!!

Unknown said...

SO POOLY. You look LOVELY. I love you and that baby!! Thank you for the pictures...I have been DYING for some :)

Cam and Elisa said...

I can hardly see the bump...but it is fun that others can! I bet you are just loving it! You look great! Enjoy the process! Keep taking pictures of you and all your little handy crafts that I know you are doing as you get ready!

You made me jealous of all your coffee creamers in the more recent update!

Jenny said...

oh so cute, my preggers friend!!! ahhhh :)

and i'm with Elisa.....SO jealous (mouth watering and all) as i read about coffee creamer. life is hard. ha :)

xo!!

Dave and Amy Carroll said...

love it!!!! so great.

sarah said...

Finally, a picture of your belly! I was wondering when you were going to post some pictures. You look great! I love you and pray for you and the baby often (and of course matt too)!

Heather Fairweather said...

don't you love it that you just seem to pop all of the sudden?

oh and the justin bieber song made me laugh out loud when i turned the sound on. ha!

Heather