I've been busy this week with 4 kids + VBS. I was able to bring all 4 kids so I taught the 5th grade class, thinking the kids would be more comfortable with me around and I am teacher, anyway. With skillz.
The kiddos had a lot of fun. This week we raised money to build a school in Papua. I heard about some other VBSers doing a lemonade stand so I suggested we try the same thing. It provided hours of entertainment as the kids were so excited to get ready for the big sell. They made posters, and I made the rest. We learned some valuable lessons that I would like to pass on to other young entrepreneurs.
1. Brownies are big money makers.
2. Lemonade is not necessary. We had a "snack stand."
3. A park is actually "private property" and if you set up your stand there, you may be asked to donate proceeds to the park.
4. Four adorable blondies waving like mad can convince even the surliest truck driver to stop for a drink.
5. Providing change is a great math refresher for the older kids . . . or adult present.

We raised some $$, people were generous with their change and several people from our church recognized us and stopped. The kids, the oldest especially, took great joy in dumping their tupperware container into the offering basket. "Almost enough to send one kid to school for a whole month!"
No comments:
Post a Comment