Monday, July 12, 2010

Introducing . . . The Lewis Family!

It was wedding weekend again!

This time, in New Jersey!

It was great. It was Jerseylicious. There was a lot of kissing.

Sarah is my friend from Taylor. She was a straight-shooting, softball-pitching, East Coast girl and fellow El Ed major. She introduced me to my first water ice, Wawa, and taught me how to "have a ketch." And this weekend, she became a wife.

Here she is practicing her walk with her dad, who sweetly cried often. He loves his little girl.

The happy couple, at their rehearsal dinner.
Kissing AGAIN?!

Getting laced up by her mom and sister-in-law.

This is Auntie Ann. Six years ago we were in town for her 90th birthday party (you can do the math!). At the time, she still went to Atlantic City to play the slot machines with her girlfriends.
And this is the bride.



Sarah's mom made all the church decorations! Amazing!

I always love a flower girl.

Mr. Jonathan Lewis and Mrs. Sarah Rebecca Sarracino Lewis!

There was a party bus. It had Herr's chips on it. (Lauren, we thought of you!) And champagne. It was a party.

The beautiful cake.
Not pictured: the beautiful dessert bar, featuring chocolate mousse, tiramisu, ice cream with fruit compote, carrot cake bites, mini creme brulee, and CANOLI. Did I mention this was an Italian affair?

This would be the groom breaking it down with his new father-in-law.
Proud parents of the bride.
It was, obviously, a party. Maybe not so obvious is that it was a dry wedding. These Italians just know how to have fun.

Lucky me, living so close, I got to have these two dolls at our house for a night!
It's not often that Johanna, Amy Jo, Sarah and I can get together . . . since we now live in Chicago, Colorado, New Jersey, and Long Island, but it is always a WONDERFUL time! The four of us are tight from Taylor days and by God's grace have managed to meet up at least once a year since. I had such fun with these two, staying up late talking, as if we hadn't spent the whole day talking anyway. I loved having them spend time with Matt. They only met him at the wedding, since we so unconventionally (and wonderfully) met in Kenya! And, of course, Moose. The other man in my life.

So, thank you Lord for weddings and friends.

3 comments:

Kate said...

I got on here just to see photos of your wedding weekend and friends! So I guess this answers all the questions from my email to you. :) Looks like a great time for you!

Kerry Russell said...

So sad to have missed it but thanks for the pics!

Lauren said...

Woohoo! Thanks for the shout out to the Chips! BEAUTIFUL girls! What a FUN weekend!! I mean who WOULDN"T have potato chips on a party bus...really.