Wednesday, May 19, 2010

District of Columbia



Last weekend I had family get-together number two, this time with the Yezerskis. Everyone descended from their respective states on Washington, D.C. for the weekend.

I just looked through all my pictures and . . . they kind of stink! But, here they are, and maybe I can get one of the whole family up here later because I know all the aunts out there would appreciate it. :)

First of all, there's Connor.



He was pretty much our entertainment for the trip. We'd plop him down in the middle of the living room and just watch him instead of tv. He and Matt are in the Air and Space Museum in the picture. Always worth a visit.

The White House:



And the brothers.


He he he.

Connor again:
We stopped by some of the monuments . . .

WWII Memorial:

The last time I saw this was at 5:00 AM on our Taylor senior capstone trip, so it was nice to see it in the daylight. We looked up a bunch of facts on it and it's a pretty awesome memorial, I will say. One of my favorites.

Climbing the steps to the Lincoln Memorial is a must.

And while the shot looks serene, we were actually surrounded by tons of irreverent tourists squawking about the heat, disregarding the signs that suggested respectful, contemplative viewing of the monument.

Later we stopped by the American History museum and spent some time in a display dedicated to Lincoln. We saw his famous stovepipe hat! Seriously. And the original flag that inspired Francis Scott Key to pen "The Star Spangled Banner." That thing is HUGE. And OLD.

Oh, we also saw . . .

THE PRESIDENT!!!!


See? In the window? Waving? With the FLOTUS and little Sasha and Malia? Well, they're in there. Sirens blaring and flags waving to prove it.

So, that was a brief glimpse of the weekend . . . more pictures coming soon and a review on the must-see Newseum. MUST SEE!



1 comment:

Elyse Anderson said...

I love the brothers pictures. Funny that Matt is wearing plaid shorts in both of them..