I've been mulling over this for over a month now, and I'm convinced of its truth. In honor of Valentine's Day, a little post about LOVE:
My younger brother went to Urbana this Christmas and came out of a group discussion with this quote, "Obedience is God's love language." I never thought about how to best love God before. I know I can love others with words, time, acts of service, etc, but how do I love God? The more I thought about the obedience thing, the more it seemed to ring true. James 2:26 - faith without works is dead. When studying Hebrews 11 in our small group, I read the list of heros of the faith with this quote in mind . . . and they were all commended for their obedience, not their understanding of what God was asking them to do.
While he was at Urbana, my brother Ryan met a man who's father started the dental clinic in Kijabe. Ryan deduced that if this man's father hadn't gone to Kenya to start the dental program, Dr. Rich wouldn't have been there as one of the only missionary dentists in Kenya to attract Matt to come for 6 months out of dental school. He would've been off in Honduras or who knows where. And if a host of others hadn't obeyed God's calling to start a school for missionary kids, I wouldn't have been in Kenya to teach. I am so thankful for those who stepped out in faith and loved God enough to obey Him and heed His calling.

Happy Valentine's Day!
3 comments:
Wonderful pics of Moose enjoying a Valentine cookie. He probably is looking for more. I appreciated your thoughts on obedience and how, if we are attentive to God's leading, we can sometimes see how He continues to weave His tapestry.
that's so neat that ryan met the guy who started the clinic in kijabe!
the "missionary" world seems so small at time.....probably because our God is soo big:)!
such insightful thoughts on obedience. it's so neat to see how God has orchestrated things and used those acts of obedience to bring about so much good, including bringing you and matt together.
Post a Comment