Sunday, December 27, 2009

triparoundamerica: the windy city

I've been doing the Grand American Tour since December 16, when I flew to Chicago to be in Erin's wedding in Wheaton.

I enjoyed the city sights . . .
The snow . . .
But most importantly, the people!

Oh, dear friends.

Carla Stout, my Charlotte mentor and dear friend.
Jenny, who now lives in my old house in Kenya. You can continue to follow the Kijabe news at her blog.

Megan Speicher, now living at 13,000 feet in La Paz.


The Kellers, good friends from Charlotte, and C.S. Lewis enthusiasts. They discovered the Lewis museum at Wheaton College. It was then that I remembered the Lewis pub room in the basement of the Taylor library that I never took advantage of. Oh, the things you miss while you're young . . .

And some new friends! Mrs. Peggy Grow, the great-aunt of my friend Ashley from Kenya, came to the church to meet me before the wedding. She has been reading about my life in Africa and now New York for a few months and I really enjoyed meeting her! While assembling wedding favors with Erin's Aunt Julie, we discovered a common link - my Aunt Patti and Uncle John. Six degrees of separation. I almost believe it.

I also enjoyed seeing my pastor from our church in Charlotte, several Taylor friends, and this puppy.


Up next . . . Oklahoma City and my brush with the blizzard of 09.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good LORD! Is that the only picture you have of us?!