Our first stop in the US was the famed Murray, KY, Matt's hometown. I really like Murray, and how they know everyone everywhere they go, and Matt's friends are great, and the trees are budding and spring is here! I have really loved spending time with Matt's family and getting to know this important part of his life. Besides spending time with his mom and dad in Murray, we met family in Glasgow, KY and Nashville, TN. I also got to spend time with my TU friend Kerry who drove to meet us in Nashville. We had a great time talking a mile-a-minute, catching up on the last nine months and looking at . . . wedding dresses! We spent the night with Matt's brother and sister-in-law and adorable nephew. Unfortunately I don't have pictures of any of these moments . . . but I do have some from Murray:
Matt's mother presenting us with our wonderful goodie-filled Easter basket!And I had a special visit from Jenny! She flew home to Cinci from Charlotte for spring break and then tackled the 5 hours to meet us in Murray. Jenny is headed to RVA this summer to teach English. Hooray! I'm so excited for her! (check our her blog!)
2 comments:
Hello, parents and Moose. Nice to meet you all.
Also, it looks like Jim and Pam live in Kentucky? :-D
It looks and sounds like you just fit right in with Matt's family! That is WONDERFUL! I am so happy for you. It looks like you are absolutely LOVING your time home :) You are just beaming in all the pictures :) I hope planning is going well. I would love to hear and see some of the plans :)
Post a Comment