Sunday, March 23, 2008

Good Friday, Lake Norman State Park

22 friends
9 camp chairs
6 tents
32 hot dogs (29 consumed, 3 casualties)
2 campfires
1 hammock
weekend fun meter - off the charts

I love love love camping. Wonderful people, S'MORES, tents, so great. The weather was absolutely gorgeous, except for one point in the middle of the night when I woke up Megan to tell her I was going to die of cold. But anyway . . . This weekend was the fulfillment of a dream we've had since moving to this beautiful state. MUCH anticipation leading up to the event - so much, in fact, that we wrote a song to perform around the campfire. It was entitled "Lake Norman State Park" and I've heard there is video footage of the debut. We'll see if it's good enough to get up here. :) Here's the chorus:
Good Friday * Lake Norman State Park
The place where dreams come true!

Campfires, tents * Layin' under the stars
Sitting right here next to you.

You know you want to hear that.

The new camera got a chance outdoors - I still don't know what I'm doing, but I made a new friend who is a professional photographer's assistant. Slightly intimidating! But she showed me a lot of things I haven't read up on in the manual and gave me some pointers. So . . . see what you think!